Tim Gaiser is an internationally renowned wine expert, educator, and blogger, and one of less than 300 individuals worldwide to ever attain the Master Sommelier title. He is the former Director of Education and Education chair for the Court of Master Sommeliers, Americas.
Unlock the secrets of professional wine tasting with Master Sommelier Tim Gaiser, an industry expert with over three decades of experience with teaching thousands of students at every level. Whether you’re a student preparing for a certification exam, an industry veteran looking to improve your tasting, or a consumer just getting into wine, Message in the Bottle: A Guide to Tasting Wine is an invaluable resource.
The book offers practical how-to instructions with detailed explanations for a comprehensive and easy-to-read experience. Here’s some of what you’ll discover inside:
- Tips for selecting the glassware, setting up your tastings, and the best techniques for smelling and tasting wine
- An in-depth explanation of the deductive tasting grid and method
- Detailed descriptions of classic white and red varietal wines
- How to consistently and accurately assess the structural elements in wine
- Approaches to using pattern recognition in blind tasting
- Instructions for writing thorough and effective tasting notes and tech sheets
- A list of producers for tasting practice
- Methods for tasting exam preparation
- Strategies for improving focus, concentration, and smell and taste memory
Message in the Bottle: A Guide to Tasting Wine is an indispensable reference for any professional, student, or consumer.